Friday, December 3, 2010

I signed up to get a Jillian Michaels newsletter a long time ago.  Recently, she sent out a newsletter giving advice on what to do to stay fit during the winter.  Her advice was just to basically bundle up and deal with it or get a gym membership.  I am sure that is really easy to say for someone who live in LA, but for some it isn't practical advice.  I think she could have offered up a good routine to use at home and maybe later in the article she did, but I stopped reading because I thought it was very narrow minded advice.  I don't know that I am a fan of Jillian Michaels so much really.

There are many options for an inside workout.  You can always invest in a piece of equipment like a treadmill.  There are all sorts of videos you can use to get you moving.  Video games have really come far in the last few years and aren't for couch potatoes anymore.  Wii, Playstation, and Xbox 360 all have machines now that require you to get up off the couch and move.  And of course, as I have said before, the thing that really counts is just getting up and moving.  It doesn't have to be a structured activity like a workout video or a class.  I truly believe that if everyone was able to just move around all day, then we all wouldn't be overweight in America.  Being sedentary breeds laziness.  So many people have jobs that require them to sit, sit, and sit all day.  Of course what you eat is a big part too.  I really truly believe that if everyone just started eating better and eating less and just flat out moving around more, then weight wouldn't be an issue for so many people.  I know there are many things that play into overeating like emotions and lack of sleep, but food shouldn't be a band aid.

Well, I hope everyone has a great day.  I have a bunch to do today.

6 comments:

  1. you are correct... it is all very simple.. eating healthy is really common sense eating.. you are not dumb. no one is.. it is a matter of choice and what one chooses to do in any given circumstance... as far as exercising I like going to the gym and I have a trainer I see.. it works great for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree that there are a lot more options available now- we have the xbox 360 (kinect for Christmas) and are investing in a few games like Fitness Evolve. There are also tons of DVDs, and Jillian's is one that can bring on a sweat in 20 minutes that I'd have to work an hour in the gym for. I do agree with her overall attitude though- find SOMETHING to do (gym or outside are NOT the only options though) instead of using the weather as an excuse. She could have said it better though, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my Walk It Out game on the Wii on the days I don't have time to go to the gym. Wii Fit is good too. And exercise videos on VOD on cable are free. There are a ton of other alternatives. Me fear Jillian Michaels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello? Where are you? Let us know you're still out there. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're missing you! And worrying . . .come back please! It's the perfect time to re-start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to check up on you- haven't seen you around in a while! At least let us know all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete