Sunday, October 17, 2010

Weigh in Tomorrow

Ok, I know I have been MIA all week long, but I have been busy and going through some bipolar phase.  This bipolar phase has made me want to sleep all the time.  Of course I haven't been sleeping all week, I have been fighting back by staying busy which at the end of the day doesn't leave much for being creative enough to write anything with cohesiveness.  Oh, I tried and usually looked like : "Today washjjjkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj."  So I gave up on writing for a few days until I was less foggy.  It happens when you are bipolar or it could just be the way I am, I don't know.  I did take 2 days off of the Gazelle though, but I didn't just do nothing.  The first day was spent ripping up the rest of the old sod in the yard and hauling that off.  The 2nd day I had to dig along the fence line and attach chicken wire and bury it in the ground because I have felonious little pug who love to escape, see the sights, get caught "at large" and cost me money.  He escaped into the neighbors yard the other day and I had the privilege of having the most annoying conversation in my life.  I don't want the neighbor to have an excuse to come over ever again.  She just moved in not too long ago.  When she came over to tell us about the dog, she also had to tell us that sometimes in the early morning, there is a funny sound coming from the garage.  I told her that would be me on the Gazelle probably and she proceeded to tell me that those are a waste of money.  Then she tells me that if I want to lose weight, all I need to do is go for a quick 10 minute walk and stay busy...hmmm.  Gee, how come I have never tried doing that?  Oh, and not to eat any carbs at all.  Ok, now I know lots of people have great success with a low carb, hi protein diet, but she said to cut out ALL carbs.  I don't think it is healthy to not have any carbs what so ever, and I don't think it is healthy to completely cut out ALL fats.  Our bodies need small amounts of these things, keyword being small.  But anyways, I wasn't in the mood to deal with her and this is what she is telling me.  Oh yeah, she says just to take little walks unless of course I like to be all sweaty and gross and tired from working out.  I told her I like the way the hard work made me feel and that I actually felt like I had more energy after working out instead of being all tired.  I also told I knew how to shower so being sweaty wasn't a problem either.  She just gets under my skin so I fixed the fence.

I have my weigh in tomorrow and with the last few weeks I am really kind of not looking forward to though.  But I will post it up in the morning.  Oh and I got an award to that I am going to get done tomorrow as well.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Christina,
    I'm glad to hear you're doing better. Good for you for keeping active.
    As far as the neighbour is concerned, different things work for different people. Everyone has an opinion about pretty much everything and we're all entitled to our own ... it only becomes an issue when we try to force it on someone else.
    Good for you for fixing the fence you don't have to deal with her.
    Stick with healthy eat and working out and you'll find what works for you. Then stick with it. If it no longer works ... change it up. Just don't ever give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gave great responses to such a busy body. I really hate when people give unwanted and un-asked-for advice. Good going. Vee at http://veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to the bipolarness. I've been all over the place recently...lol. Just need to find a landing place and stay for awhile!

    Nosey neighbor, maybe you can tell her how to better live her life. Like say try earplugs! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I deal with depression/anxiety and sometimes trying to be strict with myself with exercise and eating can trigger it. Sometimes I think I just sabbotage myself into failing.

    It is very frustrating. I've been doing pretty well with the exercise, but really need to work on my eating/snacking habits. Too much anxious eating!

    So glad I found your blog and am now following along with your journey.

    ReplyDelete