Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Weigh In, The Rain, My Gazelle, Blog Award and Other Thoughts

Oh boy, lots to hit on today.  It has been rainy here so my husband hasn't been working.  He does concrete and I guess you can't pour concrete in the rain and it is too wet to dig so I have had the joy of having him at home yesterday and today, ALL day.  I don't really mind that much, it is kind of like a long weekend, but all day yesterday he spent sitting at the computer.  The one time I got on, I was in the middle of typing here.  I got up to finish up dinner and he got back on the computer and closed out my window I was working on, thus losing everything I had written.  I was slightly annoyed, but would could I do right?  So I will sit here until I am done today, even if that means I might have to pee in my pants (I shouldn't have to though..lol).

I did my weekly weigh in yesterday and I am at 271, so I lost a whole whopping pound.  I was a little disappointed but I feel smaller.  All of my shirts and pants don't feel as tight.  I am not for sure about what is going on at the scale though.  I have been walking, eating right, eating, less, I just don't know.  My sister says that just because it might not show on the scale, that things are still working.  I am going to take measurements this evening and start keeping track of those as well. 

As I mentioned, it has been raining here. On Sunday, the kids and I went on our walk. It had been cloudy all day, but dry, so I figured we were safe.  Half way through it started to rain of course.  There I was with the baby in the stroller, running and trying to take my jacket off at the same time so I could use it to cover the baby, while screaming at the rest of the kids that we needed to hurry because the baby was getting wet.  I am sure that if anyone looked out their window and seen the fat chick running with the baby and screaming, were laughing hysterically.  They had to have been, I would have.  So I got home and dug out the Gazelle that I got for free last winter that has been sitting in the garage as a nice box/junk holder.  I figured I am going to have to do something to keep moving if it is going to be raining, and it will be snowing soon too.  Yesterday morning and this morning, I got up early and used the Gazelle.  Let me tell you, I thought I was going to die yesterday morning.  I was doing it and I thought "Oh geez, I am not going to make it past 5 minutes, but I got there and then went another 15 minutes.  I did a little over a mile in 20 minutes.  Today, I did a mile in a little under 20 minutes, but I was on there longer then yesterday.  I am not sure how long because I forget to reset everything when I got on it and was just booking along the Tony Little way, and then realized I didn't reset anything. 

I have received my first blog award!! And by accepting this award, there are a few conditions I have to meet with it's acceptance.

THANK THE PERSON WHO GAVE YOU THE AWARD:  Thank you Bubba for thinking of me!!

ANSWER THE FOLLOWING:               
Describe your blog in 5 words: touching, funny, inspirational, dedicated, and real.
               
What would you change about your life? Hmmm..this is a hard question for me because I try to live without regret but if I had to pick one thing it would be to have been able to deal with all the bad things that have happened in my life when they happened rather then later in life.

NAME 10 THINGS PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME
     1).  I am bipolar! I was diagnosed several years ago and was on several different medications.  That period of time that I was on the medications, I gained some of the weight I carry around with me right now.  I didn't like the medications so I found natural, drug free ways to deal with the disorder. 
   2).  I have a bad back.  In 2004, I was in a car accident.  The lady was drunk and hit me going 50mph while I was at a complete stop.  Apparently, all those safety devices in your car only work if certain conditions are met and none of the conditions were met, so my shoulder harness and lapbelt  never locked even though I had it on.  I ended up herniating a bunch of discs in my back and ultimately had a c5-6 fusion in my neck.  I also have a hemangioma on my T12 vertebrae, which is a tumor consisting of blood vessels.
  3).  I was a Certified Nurses Assistant for over 10 years.  I loved it but had to quit due to my back injuries.
  4).  I have never been on a roller coaster but have always wanted to.
  5).  I have a small brown birth mark on my left side on my rib cage.
  6).  I am a survivor of domestic violence.
  7).  I had a stalker once for 2 years until he died.
  8)  My grandpa was the Mayor of a small town in Wyoming until he died.
  9).  I love photography.  I have another blog and it is a 365 project where I take pictures everyday and post up my favorite one each day for a year.  If you want to check it out, here is the link: My 365 project.
  10).  I make hemp jewelry.  Yes, I am a little hippy at heart. 

PASS THE AWARD ONTO 4 NEW BLOGS:
Lanie Painie at Healthy Schmealthy
Vicki at Cupcakes & Veggies

Kaye at I Want My Health Back
Erika at Fat Like Me

Okay one more quick thing.  I guess my sister went to work and told everyone about how I started this blog and she called me fat and everyone told her she was so mean for saying that.  I don't think she is mean for being able to say things with honesty.  I mean you should always call a spade a spade.  I can't help but think that everyone's wanting to be so politically correct all the time and afraid of hurting everyone else's feelings is part of the reason that American's keep getting fatter.  I mean if when you started to put on a few pounds and someone said to you "Oh wow, getting kinda thick in the middle aren't ya?" would you maybe have done something about your weight way before it got totally out of control?



I hope everyone has a great day and gets out there and reaches their goals for the day!!!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award!

    I love roller coasters. My daughter will ride with me if I ask, but my son won't. I talked him into riding with me one time and that was enough for him...weenie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the award! I'm honored!!!

    I'm scared to death of roller coasters so you seem awfully brave to me! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Christina. I am deeply touched. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks to the award! I have already gotten it, but I will add you to the "thanks" by it on my sidebar. It's one of my favorites and I really appreciate it, but am too lazy to do all that work again :) (what? fat AND lazy?!)

    Your sister is right about the scale. I've been told that muscle is denser and harder than fat so it weighs quite a bit more. So, when you're building muscle and losing fat, you can actually be gaining a little weight, but a whole lotta sexy!

    I'm a hippie too! Hemp jewelry ROCKS.

    Your sister's co-workers wouldn't like me much because as I'm losing weight, my sister is gaining. Today we were talking about clothes and I told her I was sad about giving up my warm winter coat but maybe she could wear it some day - then I asked her how fat she was planning to get. We both laughed heartily because we know that we could never swap clothes as she is much shorter and chestier than I am so we need totally different styles.

    THANKS AGAIN!
    Keep up the good work. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree with calling a spade a spade and not tiptoeing around issues. I hate when I mention being fat and people say "you're not fat!" That irritates me. It's like if I said "I'm female" and they said "no you're not!" Er...yes I am! Why would you argue with it? A fact is a fact.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christina, just a few comments...
    First ... Congrats on the award.
    Second ... congrats for going home and using the gazelle and being consistent. I have one too which my hubby and I both use. Keep up the good work!
    Third ... the scale. Please, please, please don't worry too much about the scale. Since you're working out, you're going to be building muscle which weighs about 4x heavier than fat. So keep an eye on it once a week max. Take your measurements. It's a really good way to track things. And if your clothes are looser ... even better!
    So keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. moving is everything.. I think exercise really helps the mind as much as the body.. great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the award! I do appreciate you thinking of me. You are doing great by the way. Don't worry about the scale. Sometimes, I don't understand it either. I will have a great week and lose 1 pound. Then have an okay week and lose 3.5 lbs. Go figure! I would be much happier if I had a steady 2 lbs a week. But, I'll take what I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I'm new here :) Great blog! I often times feel as big as a house too :s Just browsing through weight/fitness blogs and I am now following you.

    Please feel free to pop by my blob. I'd love a new follower

    http://losingoverhalfofme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete