Sunday, October 10, 2010

My plans always fall apart

The plan for my Sunday was to sleep in and when I woke up, I was going to make strawberry crepes for everyone.  Then be a slug for the rest of the day.

Well, the baby ended up waking up at 6:00, so I guess I slept in 30 minutes.  Her and I played together until everyone else woke up.  Then we ended up having a hot air balloon flying over the house which was cool and while I was out there taking pictures of the hot air balloon, I found that little guy (or gal) up above.  Today was the first time I have ever seen a real slug. Kinda a gross little thing but kinda cute at the same time, weird little thing.
The husband finally decided to get out of bed after all the balloon and slug fun (apparently, since he was still in bed, I guess it is fair to say he was having his own slug fun).  He also decided that strawberry crepes weren't going to fill him up and he wanted biscuits and gravy. I ended up cooking 2 different meals for breakfast.  Everyone but the husband had the crepes and he was all alone in his heart attack feast.  Those crepes were SO yummy, and the recipe said it was low fat and low calories.  The fresh strawberries were so sweet too.  I kind of was thinking along the lines of my husband though, about the whole not going to fill ya up.  I was so pleasantly surprised though because I ate 2 of them and they weren't that big.  I will admit that I did fix myself 3 of them, but I just couldn't eat the 3rd one.  I was full and was like "OMG!!"

Then the baby needed a nap (lucky little girl) and I thought, "oh forget the dishes, it is time to be a slug."  I really wanted to be that slug, but I just couldn't bring myself to actually do it.  There was weeds to pull in the back yard.  Okay, I understand on many different levels why I am so overweight and the biggest reason is just pure laziness (being a slug).  Our house sat for 2 years before we moved in and all the grass is long dead and taken over by weeds.  Next the house, we have been too lazy and just let the weeds grow.  Most of them were only a few feet tall, but there were some that were a good 5 feet tall (did I mention that I have been being lazy for awhile).  So this is what it looks like now:
All of that was nothing but huge weeds. 


And that is all of the garbage from it.  I did this for 1.5 hours.  My arms felt like jello.  My legs wouldn't stop jiggling either.  I was very sweaty (and stinky), so I took a shower.  Then I started the laundry and the baby woke up. 
I did a photo shoot with the baby too.  We had lots of fun playing and giggling and hugging and smooches too. 
I guess I wore her out after a few hours playing and it was time for her take another nap as well.  I really felt like I could totally be a slug at that point, but instead continued with the laundry.  I hate folding clothes but I got it done today.  When she woke up, we all went for a long walk.  Well, the boys actually rode their bikes and it was great family time.  When we got back, it was time for dinner.  I cooked pork chops.  Now I am not a big fan of pork chops, so I shared mine with my 10 year old.  We also had scalloped potatoes and salad.  I love salad so I had this huge bowl of it with Italian dressing.  I like Italian dressing because a little bit goes a long way and I don't feel the need to use as much as I would if I used ranch.
Then we all watched a special on National Geographic about crystal caves.  We only caught the end of that show but then there was this wonderful show about the Hubble telescope.  Then I soaked in the tub, so I guess that was kind of my slug moment that I had been talking about...lol.  Everyone went to bed and here I am.  I feel pretty tired tonight. 

My mom has a procedure tomorrow and I am taking her.  She has a bunch going on with her.  My mom was/is a true hippy.  I mean the real Haight & Ashbury kind.  Well, the best way to put it is the 60's and 70's caught up with her in her 50's.  She has Hepatitis C and has been through the treatments and all, but it is still effecting her health.  She is at higher risk of  cancer because of the hep c.  She also has acid reflux or GERD or whatever they call it.  They have her go in every year for a scope and this last time they did a biopsy and found out that there were changes in the cellular level in her esophagus that they call pre-cancerous cells.  She went in and had them taken off once already but the doctor wants to make sure everything is gone and is going to go back in there and remove more tissue if needed.  So those are the plans for tomorrow, but only after I have done my time on the Gazelle.

I never got to be a slug today so I am going to go be comatose for the night.  At least I got to SEE a slug....lol.

6 comments:

  1. Best wishes to your mom, I hope everything goes well.

    I'm sure your plans don't ALWAYS get messed up. Something must've gone right at least once! I know it seems hopeless at times, but you're making lots of progress on bettering your life.

    I love that photo of the baby! I wish fat dimply arms looked that cute ona 40 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left an award for you on my blog. Stop by and pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "hugs" for your mom! That is one of the cutest babies ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for sticking with the crepes. Don't forget to make sure you get some protein with your meals.
    I'm glad you got active instead of being a slug. Every time you do that, it reinforces activity rather than inactivity. Good for you!
    I hope everything goes well for your mom. Life is a challenge.
    Keep up the good work and don't ever give up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Christina,
    Love the picture of your beautiful and very happy looking baby. Nice work cleaning the weeds out. You were definitely not a slug, more like a workhorse. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete