Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Mom, Weigh In, and Frustration

Thank you everyone for the get well wishes for my mom.  Everything went really well, in fact she is doing better then the last time she had this same surgery.  She does have to go back in again in January though so they can make sure they got everything.  With her hep c, her liver is bad, and the doctor says her spleen is being affected by the bad liver.  Between the bad liver and the going bad spleen, her immune system is compromised.  She doesn't have as many blood cells as she is supposed to have, which I guess makes it easier for things like cancer to happen.  So any time she has any kind of changes, they don't do any kind of wait and watch kind of response that they might do with healthier people and they go in right away and take care of it.  In January when she goes in, the doctor said he is pretty sure they won't have to do anything but look around, however he wants to make sure everything is gone.

While she was in the hospital though, I took the kids to an arboretum that we have here.  It is SO beautiful and it smells so wonderful.  There are all of these trails and walkways and different gardens.  The place is
 huge.  We walked around for over 2 hours and this was after I did my Gazelle workout in the morning.  Then I took them to the park and we all played there.  Just when I was getting sick of being at the park, they called and said it was time to go get my mom.  I took all these pictures everywhere all day.  Me and the kids had lots of fun though.







Okay, so onto my weigh in.  Forgot to do it yesterday morning, so I did it this morning and the scale said 270.  I am disappointed that I only lost 1 pound, again.  I even stepped it up this last week.  Of course, I started my period yesterday, and this is the first time in years that I didn't gain any weight for my period week.  I am hoping that when I weigh in next week, it will reflect that I have been losing and it was just my period causing it not to show on the scale.  It is very frustrating still though.  I can see my body changing.  I can feel my body changing.  I am doing way more exercise then I have ever done at any point in my life.  I am eating half the amount that I was eating just a few months ago.  That is what is frustrating is doing all of this, seeing the physical changes but not having the numbers there.  I don't know why or what is going on, but I am going to stay the course.  I will continue to do what I have been doing for the next week, and if there isn't much change on the scale next week, I am going to change what I am doing.  I know I should be proud of that one pound, but it is completely mind boggling to me because I am really working hard here.  I just feel like it should be more.  I started walking a week before I started the blog and at that time I weighed 278, so in a month, I have lost a total of 8 pounds, which is great, but if I only lose 1 pound a week, well it will take me 2 and half years to lose my weight and I can't wrap my mind around that right now.  This just isn't making sense in my head.

Today I did my normal workout and then I went out and ripped up all the dead sod in the front yard.  I didn't do ALL of it, but most of it.  I really worked out there today.  I don't know if I am going to be able to move tomorrow, but right now I feel great.  I am going to try to get the rest of it up on Thursday because tomorrow I have to take my mom to some appointments and will be busy with that all day.  There isn't much left but I had to take care of the baby because she woke up before I was done.  But for now, I think I am going to go get ready for bed.  I am exhausted again today.

1 comment:

  1. So glad your moms surgery went well.

    Sounds like you've had a few very active days. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete