Thursday, October 7, 2010

Been Stayin Busy

I have continued to use my Gazelle this whole week.  Man, that thing really gives ya a good work out.  I should have been using that thing a long time ago.  This morning when I got on it, there was no thoughts of doubt, no "I don't think I can do this."  Instead I was more like "I wonder how far I can go in 20 minutes."  I went 1.20 miles in 20 mintues, then I did a 5 min cool down for a total of 1.30 miles this morning!!!  When I am done, my shirt if covered with sweat from the shoulders down to a little under my chest, so my 10 year old went out there for maybe 5 minutes and comes back in and says "Look mom, I was on Gazelle and I'm not all sweaty like you."  I told him to go on there for 20 minutes and then come talk to me..lol.

The rainy weather has been making my arthritis in my back act up.  In fact, this morning I almost let it talk me out of going on the Gazelle.  I took some ibuprofen, waited a few minutes and decided I am tired of hurting all the time and went and worked out.  The pain drove me to push this morning and I feel so much better for it now, really I do.  This morning was the only time I took the ibuprofen. I have been cleaning the house ever since, doing all that deep cleaning stuff that always gets overlooked because I have "better" things to do.

Well, that's it for now, I need to go finish cleaning.

6 comments:

  1. AWESOME! Isn't it so cool when you feel your b
    ody want MORE from your exercise. I love being sweaty with a workout. Means I'm doing something right! Keep up the good work!

    Here's a rule I tell my patients about arthritis: The more you move, the more you can move. The less you move, the less you can do. You're joints need to move to stay well oiled. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! You made a plan and are sticking with it. Vee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you with the Gazelle! Sounds like a wonderful motivator and incentive at the sane time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it up Christina. you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your doing great! I have arthritis and it is true if you don't use it you lose it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are doing wonderful... as a person who is always in pain.. ( THANKS FIBROMYALGIA VERY MUCH) ..I find that when I move I feel better... much luck!

    ReplyDelete