Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Yesterday's Weigh In

I got on the scale yesterday and I weighed 272!!  Yay me!!  I am very excited about that.  I also had a friend post of a picture on facebook of herself after losing a ton of weight!!  She looks so good.  She was bigger then I am.  I figure if she can lose weight, so can I.  I am glad she posted those pics because it is a good reminder of what can happen if you just put your mind to it to change.

My ultimate goal weight is 130 pounds.  However, I am going to break this down because 145 pounds to lose total, with 142 left to go can sound very intimidating.  My goal weight loss for this week is going to be 5 pounds.  By the end of October, I want to weigh 250 pounds.  Those are my current short term goals.  Next week I will make a new weekly goal and November 1, I will make a new monthly goal!! 

Yesterday I did more yard work for about an hour and a half.  I have blisters on my hands and my arms, shoulders, and back really hurt.  I also did sit-up, push-ups, and some leg exercises with the kids.  We made it more like a competition and we had a lot of fun doing it.  My whole body still hurts like crazy.

The plan today is to go do my walk this morning, come back do my sit ups and push ups.  I also now have a set of small weights and I am going to do some arm exercises.  I have been starting my days out with a bowl of multigrain Cheerios. They are so yummy!! I think they are better then the honey nut ones.  I think this morning I will also add a hard boiled egg for some protein.

9 comments:

  1. You're working hard and seeing great results. You should get a ticker for your blog, they're a fun way to track things. I use a badge, actually so far, but have been thinking about a ticker. myfitnesspal.com has them.

    You're inspiring me. I think I will go pull weeds or else at least hop on the Wii Fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I added you to my blog-roll. Five pounds a week might be ok to start with because the beginning weight loss is mostly water and stuff backed up in your digestive system. I'd lower it to 2-3 pounds a week to be healthy.

    I started at 299 pounds and am down to 215.6 as of this morning so you CAN do this! You're already off to a great start!

    Vee at http://veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, its good to see you blogging... it can be a good support system and way of staying accountable.
    You might consider joining the Hot 100, which you can join until Friday. It would connect you to lots of other bloggers who are trying to improve their health, and its a challenge where you set your own goals so you don't have to try to conform to someone else's program.
    I am participating in it myself, but I am not the one "running" it. A fellow blogger is, you can find out more about it here: http://logmyloss.com/?p=3734

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christina. We CAN do this! I am with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for your exercise I found your blog through Bubbas site... keep up your great goals and working out it is so good for you and feels good.. I have a lot to lose too 75 pounds.. my goal is 132.. its all journey for all of trying to change and get stronger , better and healthier.. I am going to put you in my list and keep up with your blog.. best to you.. come visit my blog if ya want...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on a great start!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you are doing really well:) Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your loss. Just keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christina, Here from Bubba's blog.

    Great progress! Keep up the healthy eating and the activity and you'll be back to your former svelte self in no time!

    It's not the easier thing in the world to do but it sure beats the alternative. Never give up on yourself Christina ... you can do it! And I'll be along for the ride to cheer you on.

    BTW I'm so glad your baby girl pulled through. I cannot begin to imagine how devastating that would be.

    ReplyDelete