Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Husband

YAY!!! I have people here!!  Thank you all SO very much!!!  The support is much needed!!!

Yesterday, I did everything I said I was going to and then some.  Once I started moving, I didn't really stop until about 3 in the afternoon.  And I still didn't really stop because homework needed to be helped with, dinner needed to be cooked.  The list just seems to go and go when you are a mom on a mission.

Today the plan is basically the more of the same.  I was retaining lots of water last night when I went to bed.  I could feel it in my feet and I was up peeing all night.  I increased my water intake yesterday and that is probably why.

We all watched The Biggest Loser last night and for a moment I thought my husband was on board for me losing weight and for him as well.  Then I showed him the picture of my friend that lost all the weight and he says to me "You aren't allowed to get that small."  Hmmm...guess what, I am allowed and I will be small!!!  I told him I didn't care what he thought because this was about him, it was about me.  I said it is going to happen with his support or not.  He doesn't want others to notice me in a good light.  I don't understand it.  I would think of it as a compliment.  I am completely 100% floored by this.  I also told him that he needed to either lose weight so that I am not widow or get life insurance for when I am widow.  I don't understand the resistance.  All the men in his family, on both sides even, have heart disease and have a tendency to die at a young age from heart attacks.  I just don't get it.  How can a person not want to improve their quality of life, because that is what it is really about, isn't it?  How can he say he is living life when the fat is literally choking the life right out of him?  And how could he not want this for the woman he loves?  How could he not want her to be as healthy as she could be?

Well, losing weight won't happen if I sit at this computer all day!!  I am going to go move it, move it!!

11 comments:

  1. it's scary for him, nothing more nothing less. True love doesn't care about size. He will love you regardless of size - he already does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can speak from expierence....it's easier not to do anything...then when it's too late it's all about what I should have done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. in his mind: if you become thin, in great physical shape, sexier, self-confident, will you still want him or will you want a guy that's not overweight?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My experience... telling my Hubby to lose didn't work. He isn't ready to give up whole pizzas and soda. He's always told me he likes me fat. BUT I don't. So I'm going to get healthy, and if he does too, fine. If he doesn't, he doesn't. Nobody could make us, and now that we have a different mindset, we can't automatically assume that other people will have that mindset too. Vee at http://veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. People fear change. And with your husband's family all having heart problems, he probably thinks the deck is stacked against his success. Who wants to try and change if they believe failure is guaranteed?

    And he will likely turn up the heat on getting you to go back to your old ways. REMEMBER! That is only temporary if you STICK TO YOUR GUNS!! Don't waiver in your determination to change and eventually he'll stop resisting you. He may even start changing himself once he sees you being successful. And there are always things you can do to shift the eating habits of everyone in the house. Little changes, that they probably won't notice, like the ingredients you use when you make dinner.

    Hang in there and congratulations on a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you are losing the weight even though your husband is not thrilled with the idea! Hopefully it doesn't take a health scare of his own to change his mind and get in shape.

    Don't let negativity get to you. YOU CAN DO THIS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband is resistent as well. I just keep doing what I need to do for myself and hope he will come on board. I did make him an appointment for a doctor's appointment 2 weeks from today so hopefully he will go and doctor will help me win him over!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't let the hubs get in your way! But don't nag him either. He's scared of what the future holds and you guys probably have that safety of being heavy together and now you're looking to jump ship. Everyone will eventually come around and he'll like the confidence you'll have when you bring the sexy back. My hub always complains that my boobs better not get any smaller, but what can I do, they will but he also likes the unashamed confidence I have when I feel good about myself so he makes sacrifices and so do I. Keep on going! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm new to your blog and will be following you. You are doing what is right for you! So, stay strong. There are many, many bloggers who will support you as you move forward. Go get 'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm also a new follower with a hubby who is just now starting to come around.......I think.....at least for today! Hey maybe we can lead by example!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog, and I will be following. Regarding husbands...I think they can become threatened by the prospect of a thinner, attractive wife. He'll come around.

    ReplyDelete